The following visa subclasses are applicable under certain conditions explained below:
AusAID or Defence Sector visa (subclass 500)
This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full time.
You might be able to get this visa if you are an international student sponsored by AusAID or the Department of Defence.
With this visa:
• you can study in Australia until the end of your course.
• eligible dependant family members can accompany you to Australia.
• when you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
• your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia.
• your family members can work unlimited hours provided you have commenced a masters or doctorate course.
Note: If you have been granted a Student visa before 26 April 2008 you and your dependent family members may need to apply separately for Permission to Work.
• your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.
Please contact us for further information about this visa.