The following visa subclasses are applicable under certain conditions explained below:
Higher Education Sector visa (subclass 500)
This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study a full-time higher education course.
Streamlined Visa Processing
Streamlined visa processing for this visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia at a participating university. You may be eligible for streamlined visa processing if your main course of study is a Bachelor degree or a Masters by coursework.
You might be able to get this visa if you are enrolled as a student in a registered course for the award of:
• a bachelor or associate degree
• a graduate certificate or graduate diploma
• a masters degree by coursework
• a higher education diploma or advanced diploma.
This visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is one of the following:
• Bachelor degree
• associate degree
• graduate certificate
• graduate diploma
• Masters by coursework
• Higher Education diploma
• Higher Education advanced diploma.
With this visa:
• you can study in Australia
• eligible dependant family members can accompany you to Australia
• when you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
• your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
Note: If you have been granted Student visa before 26 April 2008 you and your dependent family members may need to apply separately for Permission to Work.
• your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.
• This visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your course. It permits multiple entries to Australia. Dependent family members who come with you to Australia are usually able to stay the same length of time as you, but they cannot stay once you have left the country.
Please contact us for further information about this visa.