The following visa subclasses are applicable under certain conditions explained below:
Schools Sector visa (subclass 500)
This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study a full-time school course.
You might be able to get this visa if you are:
• enrolled as a student at secondary school
• participating in a secondary school exchange program.
In some circumstances, you can apply if you are enrolled at a primary school.
This visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is:
• a primary school course
• a secondary school course, including junior and senior secondary
• an approved secondary school exchange program.
Note: If the applicant is not a secondary exchange student, the year or level of school study that the applicant intends to undertake must not be a year or level that is more than 18 months below a year or level that the applicant has previously undertaken in Australia or another country.
This visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your course. It permits multiple entries to Australia. Dependent family members who come with you to Australia are usually able to stay the same length of time as you, but they cannot stay once you have left the country.
With this visa:
• you can study in Australia.
• eligible dependant family members can accompany you to Australia.
• when you have commenced your course of study in Australia, you can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
• your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia.
Note: If you have been granted Student visa before 26 April 2008 you and your dependent family members may need to apply separately for Permission to Work.
• your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.
Please contact us for further information about this visa.