The following visa subclasses are applicable under certain conditions explained below:
Retirement visa (subclass 410)
The Retirement visa (subclass 410) is for retirees and their partners (if any) who want to spend some of their retirement years in Australia.
You might be eligible to apply for this visa while you are in Australia or overseas if you are:
• an existing Retirement visa (subclass 410) holder
• a former Retirement visa (subclass 410) holder who has not held another substantive visa since last entering Australia
• the partner of an existing Retirement visa holder or of a former Retirement visa holder who has not held another substantive visa since last entering Australia.
This visa is not available to new or first-time visa applicants other than partners of existing Retirement visa holders, former Retirement visa holders who have not held another substantive visa since last entering Australia. New or first time applicants considering spending a period of their retirement in Australia might be eligible to apply for the Investor Retirement visa (subclass 405).
Former Retirement visa (subclass 410) holders and their partners who have been granted any other substantive visa, including Visitor visas and Electronic Travel Authorities, are not able to reapply for this visa.
Since 1 July 2009, Retirement visa holders have been able to apply for a visa which is valid for 10 years from the date of grant and does not have any restrictions on the hours they are able to work.
You can apply for this visa whether you are in or outside Australia:
• If you apply for this visa in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted.
• If you apply for this visa outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
If you are granted this visa, it allows you and your partner (if any) who is also granted this visa to:
• travel to, enter and remain in Australia
• work in Australia
• study in Australia.
You cannot bring any dependent children or other dependent relatives.
Please contact us for further information about this visa.