Temporary work & Employer Sponsored
The following visa subclasses are applicable under certain conditions explained below:
Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401)
This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:
• work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement (the Exchange stream)
• participate in high-level sports competitions (the Sport stream)
• do full-time religious work (the Religious Worker stream)
• do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives (the Domestic Worker (Executive) stream).
You might be able to get this visa if you:
• are sponsored by an approved sponsor
• are nominated to undertake an approved activity
• have the skills and experience relevant to the nominated activity.
The Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis under one of the four streams:
• Exchange stream: to work in a skilled position under a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement to:
o give participants an opportunity to experience another culture
o enhance international relations
o broaden participants’ experience and knowledge.
• Sport stream: to improve the quality of sport in Australia through participation in high-level competition with Australian residents to:
o participate in a specific event or series of events as an individual or as part of a team or its support staff
o play, coach or instruct for a sporting club for a season under contract
o judge or adjudicate a sporting competition or show.
• Religious Worker stream: to be a full-time religious worker, serving the religious objectives of a religious institution in Australia.
• Domestic Worker (Executive) stream: to work full time in the household of certain senior foreign executives.
This visa involves a three stage process:
• Sponsorship - an organisation, government agency or foreign government agency applies to become a long-stay activity sponsor
• Nomination - the long-stay activity sponsor nominates you to undertake an activity
• Visa - you apply for a Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401).
This is a temporary visa. You can be in or outside Australian when you apply for this visa:
Applying in Australia: If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted.
Applying outside Australia: If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when your visa is granted.
This visa allows you to:
• stay in Australia for the period of the nominated position, with a maximum stay of two years
• do the work or activity specified in your nomination
• bring eligible family members with you to Australia
• enter and leave Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid.
Please contact us for further information about this visa.