Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to four years.
This visa provides a pathway to permanent residence through the Skilled-Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).
For you to apply for this visa, one of the following must apply to you:
• Invited Pathway - you have submitted an expression of interest and you were invited to apply as a skilled worker for this visa
• Extended Stay Pathway - you have held a provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 for at least two years and want to extend your stay in Australia
• you are a family member of someone who holds this visa (subclass 489) or a provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496.
You and your family members must also meet Australia’s health and character requirements.
You might be eligible to apply for this visa if invited and you are either:
• nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency, or
• sponsored by an eligible relative living in a Designated area of Australia.
When we sent your letter of invitation, you must also have:
• been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
• nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
• a suitable skills assessment for that occupation,
• not yet turned 50 years of age
• achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
• at least competent English.
Please contact us for further information about this visa.